Main Purpose of the role and any specialist knowledge requirements
Responsible for the updating and quality of Tolley content across the Tolley portfolio.
- Responsible for the updating of Tolley content across both of our two leading research products, TolleyGuidance and TolleyLibrary
- Working with fellow writers to share knowledge and content as appropriate.
- Supporting marketing with content for use in targeted customer campaigns.
- Any other writing duties as reasonably required.
Specialist Knowledge / Skills Required
- In-depth knowledge of subject area
- Ability to communicate complex subjects in a way that is understandable
- CTA qualified or equivalent
- Good general IT skills
- Previous writing/lecturing experience an advantage but not essential
Tolley is the tax and accountancy business of LexisNexis. We are the UK's only provider of practical tax and accountancy guidance, in-depth reference material, ground-breaking training and learning resources and unique market insight. Established in 1916, when Charles Tolley created the world's first tax table, Tolley has a long-established history of working in partnership with the accountancy profession to facilitate an adherence to best practice and deliver financial efficiencies.
The Tolley Tax Markets team is currently looking for a Tax Writer who would be able to join on an initial 12-months fixed-term contract basis and we would particularly welcome interest from candidates with practical experience of advising high net worth individuals.
Candidates would ideally be CTA-qualified or equivalent, with experience of writing tax technical material.
The role will require the candidate to work as part of a team across the two main Tolley research and guidance products, TolleyLibrary and TolleyGuidance, including individual titles such as Simon’s Taxes and the Tolley annuals.
As part of the writing responsibilities, candidates will play an active part in the team’s Budget Night coverage, helping to coordinate the materials we produce for our customers and professional bodies.
Candidates will need to be able to operate effectively across concurrent work streams, and work collaboratively with colleagues around the Lexis Nexis global business, as well as liaising with external contributors to identify writing requirements and review submitted content.
Candidates would need to demonstrate a keen customer focus, contributing to content-led Marketing materials and be able to support with customer engagements and ins