About the team
PwC is the UK market leader in Transfer Pricing. One of the key drivers of that success has been partnering our national network of transfer pricing specialists with the market based teams. We are looking for Managers in order to meet the continually growing demand for the team’s specialist services. We are looking for self-starting individuals who are happy with responsibility, want to work in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility to work on multiple engagements with different teams on a simultaneous basis.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join the Transfer Pricing team in Birmingham The successful candidate will have project management experience and marketing ability. International tax and transfer pricing technical knowledge would be an advantage, but we would consider candidates from other backgrounds if they demonstrate they would be prepared to get up to speed with the relevant technical material quickly. A background in economics or business consulting would also be a plus but is not a prerequisite for the role.
About the role
PwC's transfer pricing practice has been consistently ranked as the leading practice by the International Tax Review. We have expert teams across the world comprising over 600 specialists in economics, accounting, project management and tax law. This combination of experience enables us to develop innovative approaches to transfer pricing issues.
Work within the Transfer Pricing Team is mainly project based and will involve working with multinational companies. The nature of the work is very varied and includes involvement with all types of intercompany transactions including products, services, IP and debt.
The role includes:
- Undertaking transfer pricing planning and pricing implementation
- Involvement and coordination of European and global transfer pricing engagements working with specialists across our global network
- Supporting companies through all elements of business change and value chain transformation (e.g. transfer of manufacturing to low cost jurisdictions, implementation of centralised or principal structures),
- Preparation and negotiation of Advance Pricing Agreements on behalf of clients;
- Assisting clients with tax audits from HMRC and transfer pricing defence strategies; and preparation of transfer pricing documentation for planning or compliance purposes (including statistical analysis)
Our preference is that the successful candidate will have extensive experience of advising multinational clients on transfer pricing. Wider experience of other corporate tax or related international issues would also be an advantage. In particular, we are looking for:
- Transfer pricing planning and pricing implementation experience
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships.
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building business through targeting (internal and external).
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks.
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines.
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others.
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop.
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being intellectually agile and able to think creatively.
- An ability to collect and utilise current, role-relevant business and industry trend information.
- An ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards.
- An ACA or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Background in economics and/or an MBA desirable but not essential
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity