Rutherford Cross are thrilled to work on behalf of our client, a global accountancy firm, to recruit a Senior Manager to join their growing Transfer Pricing team in Scotland. The team advises multinational clients develop and implement economically supportable transfer pricing policies, document those policies and outcomes and respond to tax authority challenges.
This role is primarily a transfer pricing role but also potentially will combine aspects of corporate tax, tax value chain and business advisory and is ideally suited to a candidate looking for a wide ranging and challenging role that involves advising clients at the highest level.
The role is based in Edinburgh and will involve regular travel to our client’s offices in Glasgow and Aberdeen, as well as to clients’ sites where required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisation
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks to promote collaboration and increase internal leads
- Project managing large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions
- Bringing extensive TP technical knowledge and experience to bear in the development of policies, documentation, and responses to tax authority challenges
- Managing preparation of detailed technical TP analysis covering a wide range of UK and international tax issues.
- Coordinating with the firm’s transfer pricing, international tax, indirect tax and advisory teams on a range of topics
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Assisting with the team's business development and marketing initiatives
- Financial management, including developing and managing project budgets and billing to ensure profitable delivery of client engagements
- Playing a key role in people development activities (coaching / mentoring) for less experienced team members
- Identifying key client issues that represent opportunities for other teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions
- Keeping abreast of changes in UK law and practice in these areas; and law and practice for key trading partner countries of the UK
- Using knowledge and insight into industry trends for the continued development of the TP business proposition
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA, master’s in economics or equivalently qualified
- Excellent Transfer Pricing and wider tax technical skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to build strong internal and client relationships
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Communicates with impact in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Extensive experience in a corporate tax transfer pricing environment
- Successful track record of leading Transfer Pricing projects through both internal and external activities
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in an inspirational & respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
To discuss in confidence please contact Amy Peoples on email@example.com or call 07494 280 152.