Transfer Pricing Tax Advisor (Transition from audit or corporate tax)
£Market leading salary + benefits. Flexible working patterns available
Due to an increase in demand for services, this global business advisory firm is looking for candidates who may want to use their accountancy or tax qualification in a more project-related role than their experience in audit or tax has lent itself to thus far. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a transfer pricing career with a close-knit team, working with exciting multinational companies, based in Manchester.
The firm’s Transfer Pricing team helps multinational groups through the entire transfer pricing lifecycle including designing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and defending intercompany pricing policies that align their global tax model with the business strategy. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets. Another key element of the work is supporting businesses with tax-effective supply chain management. The team provide a range of services covering all types of intercompany transaction and work collaboratively with groups across all industry sectors.
The client base is very broad, covering privately owned UK headquartered groups, including fast growth start-ups and businesses backed by private equity, UK listed groups outside the FTSE100 and many overseas-parented groups. As a member of this team, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop and implement integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever-changing regulatory environment, as well as building long lasting client relationships.
- To play a key role in the efficient and successful delivery of transfer pricing advisory services to clients, including supporting more senior staff in managing projects
- Ensure technical excellence and the application of a practical/business driven approach on all projects
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service, taking responsibility for day-to-day client liaison
- Build a network of contacts with other parts of the firm, both across tax and other lines of service, identifying opportunities and managing expectations when supporting the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively engaging with existing clients and supporting business development activities focused on winning new clients.
- Support the development of more junior members of the team through coaching/mentoring as well as delegating and supervising their work on a day to day basis
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical accountancy skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels, both with colleagues and clients
- Client focused with an ability to think strategically and be commercially aware
- Excellent communicator both written and oral, in a range of situations
- Strong and motivated team player
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Willingness to take ownership of your own development and demonstrate self-awareness
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Proactively maintain your technical knowledge and keep your clients informed by staying abreast of UK and global developments
To qualify for the role you must have
- An accountancy or law qualification: ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills
- The ability to deliver quality output in a timely and efficient manner
What’s on offer?
The firm offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. There is a comprehensive package which includes support for flexible working and career development, and you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, the firm offer:
- Support and coaching from experienced, engaging colleagues who can share their expertise
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
The firm has a strong commitment to being an inclusive employer and is happy to consider flexible working arrangements which can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To apply please send a CV outlining your motivations for moving into a transfer pricing role to firstname.lastname@example.org