Treasury Analyst Manchester city centre
Your new company
Here you'll do work that matters, this is a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help build a stronger company and stronger communities.
Your new role
As a treasury analyst, you'll work closely with the assistant treasurer and head of tax, treasury and insurance in ensuring compliance with treasury policy. Specifically, you'll manage the Group's daily and weekly cash flow forecasting, monitor the Group's liquidity position, produce monthly treasury reporting, and assist with treasury projects. If you can bring a hands-on approach and a high level of attention to detail, this organisation can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy. What you'll do
* compile the weekly consolidated cash flow forecasts sourced from each of our business units and challenging forecast assumptions
* compile the daily forecast of cash position to ensure there are sufficient liquidity to support cash flow requirements
* produce monthly reports that detail treasury's cash and working capital management and discussion at monthly meetings
* engagement with banking syndicate, specifically their cash deposit desks and money markets for cash investments
* look for ways to improve our processes and make them more efficient
* support in different treasury projects, including TMS implementation
* cover for the activities for the senior treasury analyst - e.g. FX hedging, commodity hedging, management of supply chain financing (SCF) programme, facility management (e.g. guarantees), monthly treasury reporting, etc.
You will have the following;
* experience in preparing cash forecasts and treasury reporting
* experience working in a treasury department, ideally front office treasury
* excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with a talent for building meaningful relationships with key partners and leaders at all levels, including external parties
* strong numeracy and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
* excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed timescales
* good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (you're confident using pivot tables and formulas) and PowerPoint (you're able to produce clear and concise presentations)
* experience working with a treasury management system would be advantageous, but not essential
* motivation to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
What you'll need to succeed
This role would suit people who have part treasury and/or accounting qualification (ACT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent); alternatively, you can be qualified by experience
* a desire to progress a career within a treasury function and study towards a full ACT treasury professional qualification
What you'll get in return
A flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.
You'll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on products and services
Building an inclusive work environment We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.