Become a key member of the Trust Team looking after the accounting, administration, and tax affairs of UK resident trusts. The work is varied and high quality and there is also the opportunity to become involved with non-UK resident trusts, deceased estates, and personal tax, if desired.
Top 40 accountancy firm.
· Preparation of annual trust accounts
· Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for family trusts
· Day to day trust record keeping and assisting with trust administration
· Calculation of tax liabilities and advising on payment of tax due under self-assessment
· Correspondence with clients, beneficiaries and HMRC
· Assisting managers with routine trust planning, such as utilisation of losses and distributions to beneficiaries
· Responsible for the annual compliance work on his or her own portfolio of clients and willing to assist with the training and mentoring of Apprentices
· Experience of charitable trusts would be advantageous
· The successful candidate is likely to have at least 2-3 years' experience of working within the private client department of an accountancy or legal practice. Ideally with experience of trust accounting and administration
· Qualified or studying towards/willing to study towards ACCA, CTA or STEP
· Some experience of charitable trusts, probate work, estate accounts and personal tax would be advantageous but not essential
Competitive package and benefits
Part time / Full time / Term time / Flexible hours