47000 - 66000
6 days ago
Georgiana Head Recruitment Limited
A great opportunity for a private client and trust specialist to join a law firm and work within the STEP award winning Tax, Trusts and Estates team to provide personal tax advice to individuals, estates and trusts particularly those with a business element. Your role will involve dealing with complex tax advice, (IHT, CGT, Income tax) personal tax returns and trust tax returns, HMRC enquiries as well as providing technical support to the rest of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working closely with the Tax, Trusts and Estates Partner and team in Leeds, and the national team, in order to build on our existing client base and to grow it
• Having full control and conducting of a number of cases/ clients including more complex matters
• Responsible for dealing with complex tax cases – advising on IHT, CGT and income tax for individuals who have business interests and are looking to protect those assets for future generations and/or who are seeking succession planning advice; providing full range of tax advice to trusts and estates and in particular providing tax advice to individuals, executors and trustees in respect of winding up a company
• Ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and other necessary forms
• Advising clients on tax issues, and how to minimise their tax liabilities
• Researching, analysing and interpreting tax legislation to ensure tax returns are correctly completed, and correct advice is given.
What we'll need from you
• Qualified Chartered Accountant, CTA or ATT, CTA or STEP or experience in a relevant role
• Experience working in a relevant tax role dealing with more complex work
• Ability to give expert and authoritative tax advice in specialist and complex areas
• Preferably have experience in advising on FICs (family investment companies)
• Ability to research areas of tax & other topics/issues to maintain expertise
• Analysis of complex tax problems, providing interpretation and making recommendations
• Leading and participating in tax practice development
• Drafting of documentation
• Emerging reputation for expertise in field/area of specialism
• Ideally, STEP qualified
• Ideally, supervisory experience of leading a team and experience of training and developing more junior members of the Tax team.
Great salary and benefits package and inclusive friendly team. This role can be home worked with some travel to the Leeds office as needed.