I'm working with a leading law firm based in Lincoln's Inn looking to recruit a Trusts & Tax specialist
Your new role
I'm working with a leading law firm based in Lincoln's Inn that offer specialist legal advice across a range of services. Due to one of the Trusts team re-locating within the UK they are now seeking to recruit a new member of the team and are interested to hear from either Accounts or Tax professionals, part-qualified or qualified, who are interested in pursuing a long-term career within Trusts & Tax.
The responsibilities include;
- Dealing with the day-to-day administration on clients.
- Preparation of Trust & Estate self-assessment tax returns and personal tax returns including related tax calculations using the firm's software (CCH), for review by a senior member of staff. All related correspondence with clients, HM Revenue & Customs and third parties as required. Monitoring and working to related deadlines.
- Monitoring deadlines on Trusts and Estates such as ten yearly charges and beneficial entitlements.
- Provide support in dealing with telephone calls, client meetings, engagement letters and general office administration. Carry out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business.
Additional Responsibilities Depending On The Candidate
- Preparation of client payrolls, including managing deadlines and payroll year end.
- Preparation of Trust & Estate accounts using the firm's software (CCH Trust Accounts), for review by a senior member of staff.
- Completion of Inheritance Tax returns for Trusts and Estates, for review by a senior member of staff.
- Preparing ad hoc advisory work, such as advising on Trust distributions, for review by a senior member of staff.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need a keen eye for detail and with the ability to work within a small team (6 people). The successful individual might be qualified by experience or ATT qualified.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.