We are looking for a Trust Manager to join our Private Client team in our Bishop’s Stortford office. This position provides an excellent opportunity to work as part of our strong and collaborative team, as you take the next steps in your career.
Our Trust and Tax team are an integral part of our Private Client offering. By working with private client solicitors in tax planning matters, in the preparation of trust and estate accounts, tax returns and providing personal tax advice, the team offer a quality and comprehensive service to our clients. With a wealth of experience and specialist knowledge across the department this is the perfect environment for your next role.
It is essential that our new team member is either ATT / CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified, a STEP qualification is desirable. Previous experience in dealing with trust and estate tax work is required. Personal tax experience would also be advantageous; however, training can be given to the right candidate.
As a Trust Manager at Tees, your role would include:
- Jointly managing the tax team with the current tax team manager. You will be actively involved in the day to day management of the tax team and influencing the future strategy of this important team.
- Providing trustees, executors and individuals with high quality, proactive accountancy and tax advice.
- Actively engaging with lawyers and clients to identify and action tax efficiencies in the trusts. You will also be involved in tax planning opportunities with trusts for HNW clients.
- Preparing annual trust accounts, trust tax returns and tax deduction certificates.
- Preparing estate accounts, estate tax returns and tax deduction certificates.
- Preparation of IHT100s and computations including principal and periodic charges
- Supporting other members of the team.
If you are motivated and passionate about your area of specialism and would like to join a supportive team in a progressive environment, then we would like to hear from you!