Public Practice specialists Clark Wood are working with a Top 50 national firm who are recruiting for a Trusts Manager for their Central London office.
The department deals with a variety of trust work including preparing trust and estate accounts, trust and estate tax returns and reporting Inheritance Tax events for over 400 trusts and estates.
They also provide a full tax review service for trusts and estates, increasingly with an offshore nature.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring the department workload is accurately scheduled and managed over the course of a compliance season
• Monitoring all trusts to ensure the IHT compliance is actioned promptly, being ten yearly charges, exit charges and chargeable lifetime transfers
• Preparation of IHT returns for trusts and lifetime transfers
• Preparation of annual trust accounts for UK and offshore trusts, including charitable trusts
• Reviewing work prepared by more junior team members
• Training and supervising junior team members
• General trust administration including trust financial management and corresponding with other professional advisors
• Preparing estate accounts and tax returns. There may also be scope for involvement in probate applications.