|Salary||£50,000 to £60,000 depending on experience; plus benefits.|
|Job Type||In House|
|Recruiter Type||Recruitment Consultant|
|Posted||6 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 19 July 2018|
Classic inhouse tax role for an experienced and qualified corporate tax specialist. You will have complete responsibility for the Corporation Tax of the UK group and be expected to meet all filing and reporting obligations. The UK Corporate Tax Manager role supports the Group’s tax activities including tax structuring, M&A and reporting. The role requires working as a stand-alone corporation tax expert and relying on relationships with wider finance team to ensure the required information is provided in a timely manner. This position is based in a shared service centre in Cheshire. Day to day this role involves:
Preparation and submission of UK tax computations.
Dealing with queries from HMRC.
Liaising with external advisors.
• Preparation of UK Budget tax figures
• Calculating and payment of quarterly payments on account and group relief
• Assistance with the monthly posting of tax into management reporting
• Prepare current tax and deferred tax asset/ liability calculations
• Management of year end process including audit queries
• Preparation of tax charges & notes for inclusion in financial statements
• Ad hoc advice on employments taxes as required
• Ad hoc advice on VAT as required
• Ongoing support with restructuring projects, including changing ownership of entities, liquidations and capital restructures.
• Support on M&A transactions including due diligence
• Managing and liaising directly with external advisors on the collation of tax advice relating to key business initiatives
• Managing the Group’s position for Group relief, interest restriction and loss utilisation
• Review and maintenance of UK tax strategy
• Ensure tax efficient repatriation of funds through the UK
• Assist with maintenance of transfer pricing documentation and records
• Stay up to date with changes to legislation and inform stakeholders of the impacts
• Manage the SAO sign off and supporting documentation
Would suit someone who is ACA or CTA qualified with strong tax reporting experience. You will need large group experience and this can be gained in either a large accountancy firm or in- house. Experience of Alpha tax would be an advantage.