UK TAX OPPORTUNITY ‘DOWN UNDER’
Fantastic opportunity for a skilled UK Private Client or Expatriate Tax Consultant/Manager, looking for a ‘climate change’ and exciting new adventure in a growing business based in Australia’s picturesque capital city, Canberra!
Nexia Australia has an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing UK and Australian tax advice business located in Canberra, Australia. The role is an excellent and rare opportunity for someone with strong UK tax experience to join a top-ten accountancy firm in Australia.
The UK and Australian tax business forms part of the Tax Consulting Division in our Canberra office. Reporting to Naomi Smith, our UK/Australian Tax Consulting Partner, you will have the opportunity to develop your technical tax expertise.
This role is perfect for candidates seeking an intellectually stimulating tax advisory role. Our work encompasses a large amount of joint UK and Australian tax advice projects for private clients. Your knowledge of UK income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, residency and domicile rules, employment taxes, trust and companies will be fully utilised in this challenging role. The successful candidate will be provided with training to develop their knowledge in Australian tax law.
Our friendly and enthusiastic team makes for the ideal working environment.
The role will be client facing and will provide you with the opportunity to develop your marketing skills. The firm is able to adapt the role to meet with your career ambitions and can provide study support if required. A market rate remuneration package will be offered commensurate on experience. This is a full-time role, with the opportunity for flexible working hours to suit your needs.
Provision of complex tax advice in the following areas:
- UK and Australian tax advice to clients through written letters and reports. This will include:
- UK income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, residency and domicile rules, pensions, employment taxes, trust and corporate tax advice (SME’s)
- Australian Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Company tax issues and other International Tax issues and Superannuation
- Managing client relationships, supervising and training more junior staff
- Review UK self-assessment tax returns and UK CGT returns.
- Managing work flows and work in progress.
To be a successful candidate for the role you will meet the following requirements:
- UK Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) through the Chartered Institute of Taxation in the UK (Preferable)
- Degree qualified (Preferable)
- Ability to demonstrate strong UK tax skills and other UK tax qualifications such as ATT/CA/ACCA will be highly regarded
- 3+ years’ experience in a UK Chartered Firm or equivalent from a private client, expatriate or mixed tax environment
- Sound UK tax technical knowledge and substantial experience in UK personal tax returns
- No previous Australian tax experience is required, however, candidates with Australian tax experience will be highly regarded.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of programs
- Ability to learn additional software packages in particular, Digita Personal Tax Software (UK – Thomson Reuters) and MYOB AE.
- Ability to relocate to Canberra and work in our offices in Canberra, noting that Canberra has been largely unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic to date.
In addition, you will have exceptional written and communication skills, be well presented, proactive with a positive attitude, and be client focused.
Nexia Canberra is amongst the Australian Capital Territory’s premier mid-tier Chartered Accounting firms with a reputation for providing quality financial solutions for our clients in Canberra and throughout Australia. We provide expert tax, audit, management consulting, financial and business services nationally and internationally. We also have one of the World’s few UK/Australian cross-border tax teams and are registered with HMRC as a UK tax agent. We are more than just accountants; we are problem solvers and encourage fresh ideas. Our clients are market leaders and span across a number of industry sectors. We appreciate that our people are our greatest asset. We offer a fun and nurturing culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, an inclusive and collaborative environment. Our firm is part of the Nexia International group and this role offers the opportunity to be part of our successful global network with access to innovative resources.
For more information please email us at email@example.com
To apply please provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining your ability to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Please specify your work rights status when submitting your application. Furthermore, you must be able to physically relocate to Canberra, despite the COVID-19 border restrictions. Successful applicants will also be required to complete a National Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Nexia Canberra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from people with a disability and their carers, Abori