Large FTSE 100 business going through significant growth. Additional headcount - UK Tax & reporting Manager
Your new role
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a large FTSE 100 business that is going through a significant period of growth. The business is embarking on a really exciting phase which will take the company to new heights.
The tax department's focus is to assist the group in meeting all relevant filing obligations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, reduce potential exposures to tax penalties and interest, co-ordinate and provide tax advice to the business operations, organise the Group's affairs tax efficiently.
The UK Tax and Reporting Manager will report directly to the Regional Head of Tax. The role will manage Group reporting and the UK tax affairs. The role would suit a proactive candidate that has strong inter-personal skills, experience with Group reporting and UK tax compliance, strong project management and communication skills.
The department's focus is to assist the Group in meeting all relevant filing obligations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, reduce potential exposures to tax penalties and interest, co-ordinate and provide tax advice to the business operations, organise the Group's affairs tax efficiently.
- Manage all aspects of UK Corporate Tax, including the review and preparation of the UK tax corporate tax computations and returns - CFC, capex, witholding taxes, double tax relief claims & RDEC, with the aim of improving the quality and speed of process;
- Manage Group Tax Reporting including the year end and interim tax reporting process, including updating Group ETR forecast and cash tax sensitivity analysis;
- Prepare year end current and deferred tax consolidation schedules for the Group and UK entities including the tax disclosures included in the consolidated and entity accounts;
- Actively review and monitoring of UK tax risks and controls, ensuring UK technical memorandums are maintained including UK DTA analysis, capex, interest and loss restriction etc;
- Lead the day to day relationship with HMRC and point of contact for our Customer Compliance Manager;
- Management of tax advisory projects i.e. streamline UK/UK inter-company balances and UK legal entity rationalisation;
- Assist with both UK indirect and employment tax queries;
- Ensuring policies and procedures associated with UK taxation are relevant and up to date;
- Building relationships and delivering tax advice to the UK business operations;
- Ensuring employment tax obligations are met by Finance and HR teams, such as the PSA, P11D's and share option reporting, and
- Participate in special projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA) or Charted Tax Adviser (CTA) preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of tax accounting for UK listed Group
- Sound UK tax knowledge
- Confident and able to promote the tax function internally across business units and also externally by maintaining good working relationships with external advisors
- Self motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work to both internal and external deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Occasional travel may be necessary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.