One of the world's largest multinational media groups. Recruiting a UK Tax Assistant for its SSC - Colchester
Your new company
I'm currently working with one of the world's largest multinational media groups. The group owns companies engaged in television and radio broadcasting, television programme production and distribution, book publishing, music publishing and media related support businesses.
The organisation has established a tax function in the UK which manages the tax affairs of the group companies in a range of territories including the UK & US. A new role has been created in the tax function to support the existing UK corporation tax and VAT teams. The role will report to the SVP Tax based in London although on a day to day basis the successful candidate will sit and also work closely with finance colleagues within the groups Accounting Shared Service Centre in Colchester.
Your new role
Corporation Tax Support
- Liaison with the UK Corporation Tax Managers to plan data requirements for each annual compliance cycle;
- Developing a timetable for the gathering, preparation and delivery of information required to prepare and complete a corporation tax computation within overall deadlines set by the group;
- Retrieving relevant data from the financial systems for the corporation tax computations;
- Sorting and collating the raw data and producing schedules for further tax analysis by the Corporation Tax Managers;
- Reviewing data quality and dealing with any deficiencies in the data provided;
- Liaison with data providers to obtain further relevant information as required;
- Ensuring sufficient audit trail exists between the financial systems, statutory accounts and the corporation tax return;
- Preparation of quarterly CT61 returns;
- Assisting with other ad-hoc corporation tax matters as required.
- Retrieval of data from the financial systems to prepare monthly or quarterly VAT returns;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly draft VAT returns and the supporting workpapers for review by the VAT Manager prior to submission;
- Liaison with the VAT Manager to investigate any unusual items and provide documentation for sample checks as required;
- Ensuring sufficient audit trail exists between the financial systems and the VAT return;
- Fielding VAT questions from the business and working with the VAT Manager to resolve;
- Posting VAT journals to the financial systems;
- Assisting with the development of the Tax Compliance Management System
- Performing regular controls within the framework of the Tax Compliance Management System
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate should typically be part qualified and working towards a recognised accounting or tax qualification and have a good understanding of the UK VAT system. Experience of working with a range of accounting systems including SAP is highly desirable, as is a good working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office products.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.