Leading business services company based in Central London - recruiting a UK Tax Compliance Manager
Your new role
Offered on a full-time basis this role will carry out and manage, UK and US GAAP corporate tax compliance and accounting requirements for the group. The successful candidate will need to be a highly motivated individual with drive and energy willing to take ownership for and deliver improvements and efficiencies within the tax compliance function. As well as managing the preparation of tax returns, UK transfer pricing documentation, year-end reporting and communications with HMRC, this individual will also have duties covering the administrative needs of the department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and filing of corporate income tax returns, management of tax payments and correspondence with HMRC.
- Preparation and management of UK transfer pricing documentation including the monitoring of UK local and master file requirements. Assisting US TP colleagues with BEPs reporting requirements
- Working alongside UK finance colleagues to produce monthly UK tax forecasts to help maintain the effective tax rate of the group.
- Production of UK cash taxes forecast, updating finance and treasury colleagues with latest cash projections.
- Management of US GAAP tax accounting requirements of group. Maintaining regular and open dialogue with US team to ensure all tax issues are properly communicated and accounted for.
- Maintaining all UK tax governance requirements, to include maintenance of process documentation, tax risk registers, Sarbanes Oxley and other audit files.
- Providing regular tax updates to local management and wider tax team regarding tax legislation developments impacting the business
- Providing tax administrative support for the team to include managing department purchase orders and invoice payments, producing monthly reports of accruals and expenditure against budget
What you'll need to succeed
You should possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant or CIOT qualified tax professional with proven track record in tax compliance and accounting
- 3+ years PQE relevant work experience in an international environment
- Must have strong financial systems skills being able to use leading tax software to produce tax computations and be able to create financial spreadsheets to interface with general ledger systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills being able to work well with advisors and team members across Europe and the US
- Excellent numeracy, analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- An excellent working knowledge of UK & US GAAP
- Able to work cross functionally and resolve customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Pro-active and self-motivated able to deliver solutions and results
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.