Vauxhall is the only car manufacturer to have consistently produced cars in the UK for over one hundred years. Whilst our roots in the early days of automotive development give us plenty to celebrate, our success has always been founded on our forward thinking philosophy and drive for excellence. A job with us could not only provide a sustainable career, but an opportunity for you to develop your skills amongst forward-thinking technology and people. Vauxhall is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain’s top employers.
What you can expect
As an experienced UK Tax Manager, you will be responsible for managing & ensuring tax compliance including preparation of UK corporate tax returns, managing tax payments, claims and elections for organisation's entities.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Tax accounting under UK GAAP for statutory accounts purposes.
- Assisting with monthly/quarterly tax accounting/reporting.
- Assisting with responding to any HMRC enquiries.
- Managing SAO compliance.
- Managing the reporting for Taxed Award Schemes, PAYE Settlement Agreements and Employee Related Share scheme annual return.
- Managing the STBV reporting process.
- Involvement in Tax Planning both for the UK and Internationally.
- Involvement in managing advisors.
- Initial preparation of VAT returns under supervision of the VAT Manager
- Assisting the Head of Tax and business units where necessary.
What We Expect:
An ideal candidate for UK Tax Manager role should be/have the following:
- Be ACA/ACCA and or CTA qualified
- With post qualification corporate tax experience
- Preferably, but not necessarily, be ‘Big 4’ trainer
- Possess strong team coordination skills
- Be enthusiastic and have good interpersonal skills
- Have strong experience in Tax accounting
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme
- Inclusion on the company car scheme
- Company life Assurance scheme
...and a lot more!