Leading global investment management firm looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager.Reports into Global Head of Tax
Your new company
A leading global investment-management and research firm. The business serves clients ranging from institutions to individuals and private clients. Additionally they offer independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services tailored to our clients' unique needs.
Your new role
The Global Tax Department is searching for a Tax Manager to join their UK Finance organization. The candidate will report to the Global Tax Director and will be involved in various aspects of the company's compliance activities as they relate to the U.S. inclusion of foreign operations. The position will partner with other members of the Finance team including, General Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, and U.S. /non-U.S. Finance Teams. The candidate will play an integral role in assisting the team achieve strategic objectives, drive process improvements, support international Finance teams with the goal of ensuring the firm's global tax requirements are complied with accurately and timely.
The London based UK Tax Manager will be responsible for the review of multi-country corporate tax returns. The Tax Manager will manage the third-party service providers in preparing reviewing and filing the UK / European regional corporate tax returns. The role is responsible for all tax accounting entries and corresponding tax payments in addition to the tax notes for the annual accounts for all relevant entities. The Tax Manager will have a working knowledge of FATCA / CRS / U.S. tax certifications (Forms W-8's) and aid with registrations, filings and queries.
The person would ideally be a qualified accountant with at least 4 years PQE and have tax and accounting technical requirements needed for the UK / European regions. It is also desired for the Tax Manager to have tax knowledge of U.S. GAAP, U.S. corporate tax provisions, familiarity with the OECD / BEPS rules, and IFRS knowledge.
What additional skills / attributes you'll need to succeed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Skilled tax professional with a recognized qualification in accounting and/or tax (i.e. ACA or CTA).
- 6 or more years' relevant experience in a Multinational Corporate Tax Department or professional services firm
- U.S. GAAP vs IFRS tax accounting
Qualifications & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of international tax issues
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP inclusion of foreign operations for consolidated U.S. / UK/ European tax provisions
- Knowledge of the U.S. tax rules and regulations under 2017 TCJA a plus
- Strong tax accounting knowledge and relevant hands-on experience
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize and direct others
- Prior experience working in the financial services or asset management industry desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, collaborative by nature
- Proficient MS Office w/ advanced Excel and Access knowledge
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong client focus with the ability to respond timely
- Can work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Preferred Skills & Responsibilities
- Assist with and manage the calculation of non-US pre-tax book income schedules across legal entities
- SmartStream G/L or similar ledger package
- Cognos Reporting or similar tools
- Monitor and understand UK and European tax provisions (E&P, PTI, FX, FTCs, etc.)
- Liaise with third party firms in complying with OECD (i.e. BEPS) filing requirements
- Knowledge and significant experience in UK and European direct tax matters (e.g. Corporate Income Taxes and CbCR Reporting)
- Manage external tax authorities, audits, and consultants on direct tax matters
- Ensuring timely submission of all direct tax compliance obligations
- Experience in taxation of partnerships a plus (but not essential)
- Provide UK and European tax technical support
- Ability to identify value-added opportunities
- Closely monitor and timely implement changes to UK and European tax laws
- Manage tax accounting journal entries and sign off on account reconciliations
- Share UK and European tax knowledge with tax team and internal partners
- Must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in laymen's terms to tax and non-tax professionals
- Network with internal partners to learn about the company and share tax information
- Participate in special projects
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.