This business is seeking to recruit a qualified tax professional to take responsibility for managing the group's UK corporate tax affairs and supporting our UK operating companies. The role will provide broad experience across a wide range of UK and international tax matters.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the group's relationship with HMRC and providing the interface between HMRC and the group's many operating companies
- Managing the UK compliance process including review of holding company tax computations prepared by outsourced advisers, and management of the group relief position.
- Working with the outsourced compliance provider to manage the preparation and submission of the group relief position and other group schedules.
- Liaising with UK operating companies on a variety of tax issues (eg mergers, trade transfers, new business ventures) as they arise and providing or seeking tax advice accordingly.
- Structuring advice and due diligence work on UK acquisitions (or UK sub-group of multinational groups), group restructurings or disposals (including SSE analyses where relevant)
- Working with UK and overseas tax team members, internal and external legal teams and the group reporting team in connection with the design and implementation of restructuring transactions involving UK companies.
- Working with the group's Transfer Pricing specialist to assess and document/support material UK transfer pricing positions (for example, management recharges)
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance and documentation of the group's UK tax hedging arrangements
- Forecasting of UK tax position for the group and preparation of year-end tax accruals for UK group