A constituent of the FTSE 100 who are a leading multinational retailer are looking for a UK Tax Manager to ensure statutory tax and financial reporting obligations. The role will report into the Head of Direct Tax and is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to work within a highly successful organisation with excellent opportunity for progression.
The role will be working from home for the foreseeable, with flexible working planned for the future.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s UK corporation tax obligations
- Liaise with HMRC on any issues identified
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes and controls
- Prepare financial reports and take control of the control of the tax reporting process
- Manage the tax forecasting process
- Take control of projects designed to approve new tax strategies for the group
- Provide advice on the tax impact of any acquisitions made by the group
- Employment tax matters
- Must have UK corporate tax experience and currently working in industry
- Good knowledge of statutory and financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills to deal with senior stakeholders and other business members
- Aware of how overseas tax affects a UK multinational
- Accountancy qualified (ACA/ACCA/CTA).