This high-profile organisation is firmly located in the upper reaches of the FTSE100. It has an unrivalled portfolio of businesses, operating in over 100 countries, and employing over 100,000 people worldwide. The culture is relaxed and innovative with a modern progressive approach to delivery. The group HQ is set in luxurious offices within an iconic London landmark.
With a horizontally structured team of senior tax professionals, you will enjoy a varied and exciting career path. Furthermore, the level of commercial engagement is truly exceptional, and has helped many past members go on to become Heads of Tax in other organisations.
The Group Tax Team requires an accomplished Tax Manager to join the team. You will lead on the group's UK corporate tax affairs and support the UK operating companies. There is an opportunity and expectation to be involved with a variety of other taxes issues too, including UK employment tax projects. The role will provide broad experience across a wide range of UK and international tax matters that have UK involvement.
In the role you will:
- Managing the group's relationship with HMRC, advising the group's many operating companies
- Managing the outsourced UK compliance process including review of holding company tax computations and management of the group relief position.
- Working with our outsourced compliance provider to manage the preparation and submission of the group relief position and other group schedules covering CFCs, debt cap and CIR
- Liaising with UK operating companies on a variety of tax issues (e.g. mergers, trade transfers, new business ventures) as they arise and providing or seeking tax advice accordingly.
- Structuring advice and due diligence work on UK acquisitions (or UK sub-group of multinational groups), group restructurings or disposals (including SSE analyses where relevant)
- Working with UK and overseas WPP tax team members (in the US and other jurisdictions), internal and external legal teams and the WPP Group reporting team in connection with the design and implementation of restructuring transactions involving UK companies
- Working with the Group’s Transfer Pricing specialist to assess and document/support material UK transfer pricing positions (for example, management recharges)
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance and documentation of the group’s UK tax hedging arrangements
- Forecasting of UK tax position and preparation of year-end tax accruals for UK Group
- Employer taxes - assisting with the management of group issues and obtaining advice from advisors as required (no previous experience is required in this area, just a willingness to learn)
- Good UK tax compliance skills including relevant UK tax reporting experience
- Trained at a Big 4 or top 10 professional services firm
- ACA/CTA or equivalent
- Preferably experience of working within or for a FTSE100 organisation
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to deal with ambiguity, imprecise or incomplete data, and other people’s time constraints in requesting information and delivering practical advice.
- Excellent base salary
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Medical care.
To book a discreet call please email Greg Dadson