Exclusively assigned to Nebula Partners, this international business has operations in over 50 countries and employs over twenty five thousand people around the world. With a leading position in all the major markets, a steady stream of acquisitions helps to consolidate and diversify the customer base.
As UK Tax Manager, you will report to the UK & International Tax Lead and be part of a medium sized tax team. Your principal focus will be on UK tax compliance, UK tax accounting and UK employment taxes. Further responsibilities will include; dealing with HMRC queries, supporting with year end and assisting with overseas tax projects.
To succeed in this role, you will be a UK trained qualified tax professional with corporate tax experience gained at a Big 4 or top 10 professional services firm. You will be able to speak and write in plain language with non tax stakeholders on complex matters. The role would also suit someone looking for a first role in industry. In return for your skills, you will be rewarded with a commercially engaged and varied role that offers clear development opportunities.
The UK Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- UK corporation tax compliance – preparation of the more complex UK corporation tax computations and returns and the review of more straight forward computations prepared by more junior members of the tax team
- Maintaining an accurate group summary of the group’s overall UK tax position and status of compliance
- Managing all UK group relief claims and other claims and elections ensuring that all time limits are met
- Arranging for the payment of all UK corporation tax payments
- Dealing with HMRC queries
- Preparing the year-end tax provisions for a number of UK businesses and reviewing the tax provisions of a number of overseas businesses in order to ensure that materially correct tax numbers are reported
- Tax accounting – supporting the central finance team with preparation of accounts provisions and tax disclosures for inclusion in UK financial statements
- Employment taxes – managing the preparation of the company’s annual PAYE Settlement Agreement and ensuring that accurate information is obtained from the UK trading businesses
- Employment taxes – managing the preparation of the annual declaration required for the Short-Term Business Visitor Agreement ensuring that an accurate return is submitted by the due date
- Employment taxes - reviewing data to be included on forms P11D and liaising with external payroll providers to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Reviewing the annual share scheme return for submission to HMRC
- Other ad hoc employment tax advice
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc queries
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified
- Proven UK corporate tax background
- UK trained, preferably Big 4 or top 10
- In-house experience or client secondment preferred but not essential
- Tax accounting skills, with strong Excel and Alphatax experience preferred
- Need ability to interact and communicate in plain language with a multitude of departments (Finance, M&A, HR, Legal, Operations and Treasury).
- Double digit employer pension contribution
- Excellent bonus
- Private medical cover and life assurance
- Fast paced highly acquisitive business
- Chance to personally develop in a growing organisation
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners:
T: +44 (0) 7539 354605