A leading international broadcaster and distributor of thematic television channel brands are looking to hire a UK Tax Manager to work part-time (4 days a week). They own and operate several of the most popular and award-winning brands in television and film.
You will report into the Senior UK & European Tax Manager and be a part of the UK division based in Soho, London. You will take part in various corporate tax requirements including UK / US GAAP tax compliance and reporting of the group of entities. You will also take part in VAT and employment tax compliance as well as ad hoc projects (entity rationalisations, Transfer Pricing and other year end reports, M&A transactions and WHT administration).
Corporate tax compliance and planning:
· Preparation and submission of CT returns to HMRC (use of OneSource and in-house preparation and submission)
· Full review of cross-border transactions to ensure Transfer Pricing compliance and prepare annual report.
· Annual DPT / Permanent Establishment / CFC and residence review
· Payment of CT to HMRC.
US tax reporting and planning:
- Preparation and submission of quarterly taxpacks to US tax team (US GAAP – experience welcome but not required)
- Review of any Uncertain Tax Positions for the UK division
- Calculation of Valuation Allowances against Deferred Tax Assets with back-up
- Support with preparation of forecast tax figures
- Tax implications of restructuring, acquisitions, disposals of shares or assets
- Tax implications of entity rationalisation and liquidations within UK division
- Continued work on the effects of BEPS on group and OECD Pillars
- Review of contracts as provided by legal for tax provisions (VAT, WHT and corporate tax impact)
- Support Senior Tax Manager in providing in-house support on projects either internally or with help of external advisers.
- Improvement of processes going forward and having controls and processes documented
Withholding Tax and Double Taxation:
- Run the administration requirements for WHT and double taxation matters (e.g. the annual certificates of residence and general WHT forms).
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC (quarterly process).
- Submission of South African VAT returns (monthly process)
- Assistance with any VAT audits from HMRC and other jurisdictions
Employment tax compliance
- Submission of PSA to HMRC and working with HR team to ensure consistent approach
- Submission of STBV form to HMRC and working with US on visitors entering the UK
· CTA, ATT qualified or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years experience in tax
· Strong excel skills
· Able to discuss tax technical matter in plain language
· A part of a supporting and engaging environment
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working environment
· Private medical insurance
· Private dental insurance
· Employee discount program
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly: