Pure Search have been exclusively engaged by one of the fastest-growing and most talked about technology companies, headquartered in Silicon Valley, to find their UK tax lead to sit in their European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Tax, you will be responsible for the tax strategy and operations for the UK market, the business's largest individual market in Europe. Although this role will lean heavily towards Indirect Tax, due to the nature of the business, you will also hold responsibility for all areas of Direct Tax, as well as tax litigation/controversy.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing UK VAT and international tax matters
- Drive strategy discussions such as UK DST, future of work initiatives and taxation of digital platforms
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders such as Operations, Legal, Policy, Accounting, Compliance and Communications
- Be part of a cross-functional team that works on rolling out new products and services
- Liaise and challenge external advisers to ensure the business gets the best advice possible
- Co-manage audits, controversy and correspondence with the tax authorities
- Collaborate with colleagues in the global tax team on various projects
You will have:
- 8-12 years experience in tax, gained either in industry, Big 4 accounting firm or law firm
- UK CTA or legal qualification
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team in a fast paced environment
- A commercial mindset, and feel at ease working outside of your comfort zone
This company will pay full relocation and visa costs, as well as a strong base salary, performance based bonus and shares scheme.
Expatriates will be eligible for the Netherlands 30% tax ruling, meaning that the first 30% of income will be tax free for the first five year's of residency in the country.
For a further discussion about this role, please apply online or alternatively contact Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search directly.