An exciting opportunity to join a growing and close knit Private Client Tax team as a US/UK Private Client Tax Manager in London (flexible).
This US/UK Private Client Tax Manager position is based with one of our long standing professional services clients. A top 10 firm that have successfully shown continual growth within the Private Client and US/UK teams.
Within this top 10 Accountancy Firm the US Tax led private client practice concentrates an offering to address the key US market with a unique tax system which requires US persons to comply in the US irrespective of tax residence.
In spite of global changes the US remains a key market for entrepreneurs and families with ramifications of planning and support to address the complexities that the US system places upon those with foreign structures from entities, through trusts, pensions and investments.
The provision of services that combine US expertise as a central focus alongside the UK and other third country requirements, positioned as a service for the HNW and SHNW continues to be a growing market as the complexity of the US system alongside many other countries mean that clients and prospects increasingly need access to a truly advisory service which is a differentiator in the way that my client is building its team.
This role is an integral part of the Accountancy Firm's tax group, responsible for managing or mentoring junior team members, to successfully deliver tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
You will have ultimate responsibility for managing your own portfolio and will use your established communication skills to ensure that the Partner group receive regular progress reports on your business areas.
By using your knowledge of both your client base and the markets in which they operate, you will also work closely with the partner group to develop the services we can deliver to them, therefore ensuring the development and growth of our business whilst delivering an exceptional client experience
We're looking for someone with:
* Ability to maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
* Act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
* Signing out tax Forms 1040, 5471, 8865, 8858.
* Ability to analyse CFCs, Subpart F income, GILTI along with the double taxation mitigation options; and the potential election planning that can be done to mitigate these factors.
* Check the box /entity classification advice
* In order to be a safe pair of hands in signing these returns out the door they need to demonstrate they can advise and talk around the options.
* Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
* An inquisitive nature, able to identify opportunities to enhance our client offering
* Senior stakeholder management experience.
* US Enrolled Agent (EA) ideally and and ATT qualified as a minimum.
A competitive salary package + associated benefits.
The benefits that working within an international firm and Top 10 Accountancy practice brings alongside the family feel of a smaller firm (best of both worlds).
A good track record of promoting new hires and ongoing professional progression.
28 days holiday.
A competitive Pension Scheme
life assurance cover and income protection insurance.
Access to Flexcel which means employees can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can: * buy up to ten day's extra holiday; * add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance etc.