US/UK Tax Assistant - London
Dual Handling Trainee role with full study support
An established and growing single-office accountancy practice in South West London are looking for talented people to join; people who can add value to their clients, who will think logically with initiative and are interested in delivering the best possible outcomes for clients while delivering the highest levels of service. They want people who can help to deliver intelligent solutions that will enhance their client's position.
Duties of the Tax Trainee role are as follows:
- Preparing individual US tax returns for dual citizens, accidental citizens and individuals with US sourced income
- Researching and implementing complex tax filings in regards to the tax treatment of diverse types of foreign income for US tax purposes
- Researching and understanding numerous topics related to tax treaties between the US and other countries
Advising clients with appropriate tax planning strategies in accordance to their current situation
- Preparing preliminary forms and financial statements for taxpayers classified as partnerships or corporations under the US law including forms 5471, 8865, 8858, PFIC calculations and Form 8621.
- Computing and translating financial figures from UK accounting standards to US GAAP
- Assisting other group members in professional work and providing support where required * Supporting more qualified staff on more complex client situations
- Acquire and build relationship with your own clients and begin to supervise new trainees after approximately one year
- Support with the preparation and attendance at client meetings
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the joint ATT/CTA & EA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
What training and development will I receive in my first few years?
During your training contract you will study towards the ATT & CTA joint qualification as well as the Enrolled Agent (EA).
In addition, you will receive on the job training and support, in order for you to develop tax technical and interpersonal skills; trainees are encouraged to work with all members of the team, to share their experiences and to learn from others.
In the first year, you can expect to learn the basic US & UK tax principles and to be supporting with tax compliance requirements of clients. Trainees are also encouraged to support managers with the on-going running of the client account for several core clients, thus enabling them to develop a greater understanding of their clients' businesses and to develop core client management skills from an early stage in their career.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a social, supportive environment, where the progression opportunities are endless.
f you would like to join a highly motivated team, please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Maisie on 02072696337
Would you like £250 in vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £250 in vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £250 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.