A multi-national in Hertfordshire are looking for a VAT Accountant on a 6-month contract to assist during a period of growth. As the business are planning to hire into their VAT team mid-2021, there is a very strong possibility that this role will be made permanent after the initial 6-month period (if the successful candidate so wishes).
You will be reporting into a well-known Head of Tax who has a strong, proven history of developing his team’s skillsets and knowledge. The team is close-knit and supportive, with regular collaboration. This role is paying up to £50,000 on the basic.
- Managing VAT compliance in-line with current and future legislation
- Preparation and processing of VAT registrations and EC Sales lists
- Preparing CIS monthly returns
- An understanding of UK VAT is essential with a background in either VAT or accounting (with VAT compliance responsibilities)
- A qualification or working towards one would be beneficial
- Personable and good communication skills are essential to make a success of this role
This role will allow the successful candidate to work from home 2-3 days a week, however must live locally to Hertfordshire.