Our client is a leading multinational business looking to hire a VAT Advisor (NEW CREATED ROLE) to join their london team.
- Global role - provision of indirect tax advice to our client global businesses.
- Lead role in managing indirect tax risk for the group from legislative developments in the territories were they operate.
- Review of trading contracts and other types of agreements to ensure that the wording of the tax clauses is appropriate and that indirect tax risks are managed effectively.
- Providing indirect tax advice on acquisitions, disposals and restructuring.
- Managing the ongoing review of the partial exemption methodology.
- Assisting with indirect tax controversy issues.
- Assisting with process improvements, including VAT reporting requirements for IT systems.
- Any other support as required by the Tax Advisory & TP Manager
- Supporting the indirect tax compliance team with the accurate submission of VAT return and other similar submissions
- A track record of providing VAT advice in professional practice or a multinational company
- Significant experience of VAT and other indirect taxes in a cross-border context (EU and non-EU), preferably gained in a commercial environment
- Experience of dealing with import/export reporting requirements for gas and power entering and leaving the EU
Diligent and dependable
- Ability to embrace change with an open mind
- Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions.
- Ability to proactively engage and build relationships with other departments.
- Assertive and diplomatic working style
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines