Indirect Tax Manager role based in Nottingham paying £45-55,000 plus benefits
Your new company
Indirect Tax Manager required by National, multi-award winning Accountancy Firm for their Indirect Tax Team. This team's work includes UK and EU VAT returns including Union and Non-Union MOSS as well as IOSS. This will be a key role within this Team which will require building strong relationships with other specific advisors ensuring their clients received the highest standard of service. This Firm work with a varied client base of different sizes across a variety of sectors, which includes manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
Your new role
As this Firm's Indirect Tax Manager, you will be expected to build and maintain relationships throughout their corporate client base. You will be responsible for the UK and EU indirect tax compliance work along with opportunities to work on advisory projects. You will be responding to client requests/needs, maintaining regular contact with their clients updating them on all aspects of service.
Key Duties include:
* Ensuring UK and EU VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat supplementary declarations are prepared accurately and submitted within the statutory timescales
* Reviewing the work prepared by junior members of the team
* Undertaking responsibility for managing tax authority queries raised on any clients
* Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Director of Indirect Tax, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
* Participating in bids/proposals for new client opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Indirect Tax Manager will be ACA/CTA qualified with experience in tax compliance - either gained within professional service firms or industry in-house
What you'll get in return
This Firm actively invests in the development of all team members with the Partners taking a personal interest in your personal development. They offer an excellent benefits package including flexible working with 25 days holiday and option to purchase additional days, with additional benefits including life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.