The Group VAT Team manages the VAT and associated compliance for our group companies in Europe, whilst working with stakeholders across the business.
Our client are a leading employer in Wiltshire offering a great prospect of joining a market leading tax team with a European exposure.
The key responsibilities for this VAT Manager based in Wiltshire:
- Review and ensure timely submission of monthly and annual VAT returns along with associated Intrastat and EC Sales Listings for European territories.
- Returns are primarily prepared in-house, but the role involves liaising with external advisors in some territories to manage submissions.
- Review and reconciliation of real-time invoice-reporting requirements in some territories.
- Ensure all VAT payments are assessed and made on time. Also prepare forecasts of VAT payments for Treasury.
- Review VAT balance sheet reconciliations prepared by team by set deadline.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders in business units to resolve issues identified through compliance process and see through to resolution
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in existing compliance processes, be that through change in ways of working, better utilising systems etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders and advisors to ensure that local tax audits involving VAT are managed effectively and in-line with group policies.
- Work with other tax teams (international tax/ transfer pricing) as necessary to ensure VAT implications appropriately considered e.g. VAT implications of TP adjustments.
- Keep updated on tax developments in VAT law/practice and assess their impact on the business.
- Support/lead on ad hoc project work dependent on need.
- Support and build capability within the VAT compliance team.
Our client are searching for candidates who have the following experience for their VAT Manager role in Wiltshire:
- Existing experience of UK VAT and of VAT in other European jurisdictions is essential.
- Existing knowledge of SAP and a background in accounting are highly desirable.
- Ability to manage own time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong numerical background and advanced Excel skills.
- High levels of accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to be pro-active and take initiative.
Highly competitve base salary up to £60,000
Double figure Bonus
25 days annual leave
Wider flexible benefits