VAT Compliance Senior/Assistant Manager role based in Birmingham paying £32-42,000 + benefits
VAT Compliance Senior/Assistant Manager
Your new company
This market leader in global VAT compliance provides services to a wide range of large clients throughout EMEA, Asia and Latin America.
Your new role
On a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with client financial data and processing into our Indirect Tax Technologies
- Running and reviewing the client specific exception reports produced by the technology
- Producing draft returns for review by Managers
- With Manager support, managing timetables and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
- VAT technical and accounting review of draft returns and client specific exception reports;
- Selecting specific transactions for further review;
- Liaising with the appropriate client personnel;
- Liaising with the global network;
- Ensuring high quality service delivery to clients;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance;
What you'll need to succeed
Previous VAT compliance or VAT advisory experience in Practice, Industry or HMRC is essential. You must also be able to demonstrate analytical and numeric skills, a commitment to team working, an ability to work within a strict timetable and to deadlines and an interest in developing excellent VAT technical skills.
What you'll get in return
As well as being given an unparalleled opportunity to work on complex and challenging assignments, your benefits will include a bonus, pension, 25 days holiday with the option to buy another 5, private health insurance, very attractive maternity leave package, expensed i-phone and flexible working. Full or part-time working will be considered.
#What you need to do now ...#
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call Julie Lawrance on 0121 236 5277.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.