Technology role in VAT compliance with a leading ecommerce organisation.
Our client is a well recognised Fortune 500 ecommerce organisation with a high calibre tax function. Due to fantastic growth of this business, the complexity of VAT requirements in EMEA means increased filings and responsibility, with technology solutions needed to manage this. Ideally the candidate will have a technology focus who is able to manage the requirements of this compliance team. Previous experience working with technology and VAT is required.
- Identify, prioritise and document compliance requirements.
- Work with tech teams inside and outside of tax to develop, refine and test requirements.
- Provide support and advice to VAT compliance team as required, in relation to technology, including audits and other projects.
- Review documents related to the business and produce tax related documents as necessary.
- Be able to explain requirements and agree these with other teams.
- Provide support to VAT compliance team in all aspects of technology.
- Be point of contact between compliance team and other teams within the business.
- Identify and implement VAT process/system improvements where possible.
- Have understanding of compliance in other EMEA jurisdictions.
- Be able to take ownership of work, develop an approach to problem solving, and be hands on.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Experience in finance, VAT and/or technology function
- Excellent technical ability in VAT.
- Experience implementing, enhancing or maintaining VAT aspects within ERP and related systems
- Strong communication and written skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand process and systems.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude and solid professionalism.
- Exposure to project managing VAT relevant implementations
The next step
Please contact Rebecca McKerral for a confidential discussion on +44 7920 759470