|Salary||42000 - 55000 + benefits|
|Hours||Full Time, Part Time|
|Posted||14 days ago|
|Apply by||Friday, 7 September 2018|
This growing independent firm is looking for a Senior VAT Specialist to join its highly regarded tax team. Reporting to the partner this role covers technical, man management and business development and your main responsibilities will be as follows:
• To provide high quality practical, commercial advice on complex VAT issues, to a range of clients (from small OMBs to AIM listed companies)
• To actively identify opportunities for VAT services and promote them internally and externally
• To manage VAT planning projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadlines
• To negotiate with HMRC on VAT disputes
• To deal with all VAT aspects of company sales and acquisitions, including carrying out due diligence, review of DD, review of sale and purchase agreement, and providing practical advice.
• To provide internal support for VAT queries from staff.
• To ensure all fees are agreed in advance and are billed promptly.
• To deliver presentations at seminars etc (including early morning/ lunchtime / evenings).
• To prepare/deliver pitches for new clients
• To write articles for newsletters and press releases
• To keep up to date with technical developments and provide updates to colleagues.
You must have a track record for providing VAT advice to clients and be able to quickly establish a rapport with both colleagues and clients. Experience in Excise duties would be advantageous. This is a fantastic role offering career progression in a growing local firm.