VAT Manager or VAT Senior Manager Job with top 10 firm in Ipswich.
Hays are recruiting a VAT Manager or Senior Manager for a top 10 firm in Ipswich to provide VAT compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to senior Managers/Directors/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. You will also be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Senior Manager/Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client senior manager/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Senior Manager/Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays with any questions or to receive the complete job specification.