Weybridge or Liverpool or Manchester or home working considered
Cargill’s Tax and Customs function globally employs 220 professionals and we are looking to add to the highly skilled team in the UK. The indirect tax team consists of 10 VAT experts in Europe, Middle East and Africa reporting to the Indirect Tax Lead. This key position will manage the VAT position of Cargill’s businesses in the UK and Ireland, managing audits, providing VAT advice relating to ERP systems, business partnering and building/ maintaining a VAT control framework.
A career in Cargill Tax and Customs offers many opportunities for continuous learning and exposure to interesting and complex issues. The role would suit a highly motivated individual to become a collaborative part of an engaged, high performing team.
- Manage the UK and Ireland day to day VAT issues, including but not limited to; day to day advice, training, VAT registrations and monitoring any business changes
- Provide VAT advice in relation to EU wide projects including ERP system changes, business restructuring and supply chain projects
- Build, maintain and improve the VAT control framework for the UK and Ireland, ensuring VAT processes are working effectively, implementing solutions where required and conducting internal VAT auditing
- Managing the statutory VAT compliance, including final approval of VAT returns
- Managing HMRC audits and enquiries
- Ad hoc VAT projects
- Qualified Accountant with proven post qualified experience of UK VAT in-house or an accounting/ consultancy
- Familiar with dealing with HMRC audits and enquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
- Able to work well on your own initiative
- Experience of developing effective solutions to difficult business issues
- Able to communicate complex VAT concepts and financial information to non-specialists
- Confident communicator with personal impact - able to negotiate effective outcomes with a range of stakeholders
- Experience working with a multinational financial shared service centre would be useful
- Familiarity with a matrix organisation would be advantageous
- Experience in building a Tax control framework would be desirable
- High ethical standards with the conviction to challenge where required
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.