This role is in a friendly Top 50 accountancy firm. They are looking for a VAT specialist who enjoys working in a small team, and can deal with issues that span the full range of VAT and indirect taxes. Your client portfolio will cover a variety of industry sectors including agriculture, food production, hospitality and leisure, travel and tourism, retail, betting and gaming, healthcare, welfare, charities, landfill, real estate, social housing, education, clothing, IT and virtual reality. An agile mind is therefore a prerequisite.
Your key skills must include:
- Providing high quality practical, commercial advice on complex VAT and other indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients (from small OMBs to AIM listed companies)
- Actively identifying opportunities for VAT services and promoting them with both colleagues and clients
- Managing VAT projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadlines
- Managing HMRC enquiries, assisting with ADRs, preparing cases for First-tier Tribunal
- Dealing with all VAT and indirect tax aspects of company acquisitions and disposals
- Delivering internal and client presentations
- Writing articles for newsletters and press releases
- Keeping up to date with technical developments and providing updates to clients and colleagues
- Dealing with the indirect tax issues arising from our departure from the EU
You will need to be adept at using all Microsoft packages, video conferencing software across Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc. You will primarily be based from home with some time spent in an office.