This real estate investment management business is currently recruiting for a VAT Manager to join their team. Working closely with the Head of Indirect Tax, you will be responsible for managing the VAT compliance requirements across both the group and investment fund vehicles.
The successful individual will:
- Manage the operational indirect taxation compliance (including VAT, CIS and NRLS) for the UK Property funds including Limited Partnerships, Jersey Property Unit Trusts and Corporate structures as well as the corporate UK and Group VAT affairs
- Ensure compliance with filing and reporting legislation
- Deal with registrations in respect of indirect taxes in the UK (e.g. VAT, CIS and NRLS) and Options to tax for VAT
- Provide transaction advice as appropriate
- Liaise with the corporate finance team to ensure that corporate VAT issues are controlled, dealt with and appropriately managed
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to deal with queries and VAT inspections
- Enhance the control environment in the Indirect Taxation area both within the fund teams and corporately
- Build strong relationships with fund teams across the London office and within Europe
The ideal candidate will have an initial grounding in VAT compliance, gained either within a professional services firm or another corporation. Experience relating to financial services or real estate funds would be advantageous but is not essential. A candidate would require theoretical knowledge and understanding of the VAT issues affecting financial services, but practical experience is not a pre-requisite as the client is willing to invest in the training and development of this individual.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.