VAT Manager, In-House
Leading Investment Bank/Asset Manager
£55,000- 70,000 + strong bonuses, benefits & flexibility
About the Business
This is a leading global investment banking advisory firm, advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, financings, public offerings, private placements and other strategic transactions and also provides institutional investors with macro and fundamental equity research, sales and trading execution. The asset management arm of the business comprises wealth management, institutional asset management and private equity investing.
With revenue and AUM well into the billions, this company serves clients from offices in North America, Europe, South America and Asia. Over decades, the firm has advised on trillions-worth of mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, and restructuring transactions. This is an award-winning investment bank which consistently ranks amongst the highest in terms of employee remuneration and satisfaction.
Sitting in the finance team, headed up by an experienced CFO, this role will report directly into the Head of Tax. The Tax are currently small in number, with key points of contact including an experienced Director, and an interim moving into a more of a MTD/ERP role. With a flat structure and small tax team, the opportunity for upskilling and increased role breadth is vast. Culturally speaking, the team work hard, but are highly sociable and team-oriented, with highly invested company days out and team-building exercises.
The successful candidate will be responsible for responsible for the production and analysis of all VAT compliance for the EMEA and APAC regions. This role is anticipated to hold a 60:40 split between advisory and compliance, respectively. The core purpose for the hire is to maintain the VAT status of the EMEA group to ensure compliance with indirect obligations in each jurisdiction. In particular, to ensure the EMEA partial exemption position is regularly reviewed, with relevant risks identified and engagements reviewed in-line with corporate criminal offence regulations.
The successful candidate
Education and Experience
- Qualified CTA/ Accountant with relevant VAT specialism and partial exemption special method (FS) experience
- Experience of Capital Goods Scheme calculations and VAT rules relating to international service supplies
- Experience of working across multiple jurisdictions, with a variety of international preferred
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and some US GAAP knowledge desirable
- Team-oriented, eagerness to lock-in with collaborative tasks and social engagement
- Proactivity, eagerness to take on new responsibilities and develop through learning
- Seeks with accountability and high-visibility within the team for indirect tax
- Problem solving and initiative and attention to detail.
The selection process
- Send your CV/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org to frame the initial discussion
- Initial conversation with recruitment representative, to cover interview preparations
- Conjoined first/second-stage interview with EMEA Head of Tax
- Final stage interview with CFO & HR