An opportunity has arisen for a VAT Manager to join a well-established business in Manchester.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for management, training and development of one VAT Assistant.
- Responsibility for all VAT Reporting (VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat Returns - Arrivals and Despatches, and End of Year Returns) covering four entities (13 Regs in total - including 3 UK, 2 RoW and 8 EU Regs) - preparing the larger ones and reviewing and approving smaller submissions before they are made.
- Ownership and clear understanding of Brexit / EU rules to support the business.
- Ownership of VAT admin to include set up of new VAT Registrations, VAT inspections contact and coordinator, and being main user on VAT submission websites.
- Responsibility for planning and future-proofing our VAT software system - including updating system VAT rules, liaising with IT on system upgrades, mapping to accounting systems.
- Responsibility for month-end coordination and close of VAT Accounts.
- Responsibility for preparation and review of VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Forecasting of VAT cashflows (payments and refunds).
- Providing VAT compliance and transfer pricing expertise across all entities, including business support and advice on all VAT. issues (employee understanding, projects, customer/supplier queries).
- Providing day to day assistance to internal stakeholders on any VAT queries as and when they arise.
- Providing VAT training across all entities tailoring this to each entity and what they do.
What you'll need:
- Strong VAT skills and proven experience of tasks outlined above are a must.
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving finance environment is essential.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.