This historic and globally recognised branded retailer, has operations in two continents and customers all over the world. With a global HQ in London, this role has been newly created as part of a review of the Group Finance function. Reporting to the Head of Tax and Financial Reporting, the culture is dynamic and fast-paced.
As VAT Manager, you will be advising on VAT issues relating to existing and new business initiatives as well as assist on ad-hoc projects. You will also assist with the implementation of making tax digital for VAT.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Advice on VAT issues relating to existing and new business initiatives
- Assisting with the implementation of making tax digital for VAT
- Implementing process changes and technology to the VAT compliance process
- Being point person for the internal finance team from a VAT perspective
- Managing overseas VAT compliance across the EU and Australian GST
- Building relationships with external advisors
- Keeping up to date with case law / legislative change
- Understanding customs issues / opportunities
- Understanding and implementing tax governance arrangements
- Assist the Group Tax Manager on group projects from an indirect tax perspective.
- CTA/ACA qualified or equivalent
- Strong understanding of VAT compliance processes
- Knowledge of technology solutions preferred
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension and healthcare
- Company discount on products
- Modern working culture
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly: