VAT advisory within a large UK construction company.
Our client is a FTSE listed UK construction company with an expanding tax function. The VAT Advisory role will report directly into the Head of Tax and will be integral to the business as it grows further.
- Working with regional offices and business units to respond to indirect tax related queries
- Working with the Tax Accountant, ensure all relevant indirect tax filings are accurate and filed in time
- Where possible, assist with work to ensure automation is used, or identify gaps where it is not.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation and communicate this effectively to the Head of Tax and senior stakeholders, in order to ensure business risk exposure is reduced
- Work to ensure the tax risk strategy aligns with the Indirect Tax control and risk framework, assisting with mitigating any risks to the business.
- Manage a team of junior members and assist with career development of these individuals.
- Be able to take ownership of work, develop an approach to problem solving, and be hands on.
- CTA qualified or equivalent, with several years' experience in an Indirect Tax role
- Relationship building skills
- Management of juniors would be advantageous, particularly in an industry setting
- Strong communication and written skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Contract 3 - 6 months initially. Location: Midlands, but open to flexible working
The next step
Please contact Rebecca McKerral for a confidential discussion on +44 7920 759470