Our clients are looking for a VAT Senior who identifies with the following:
As a VAT Senior, you will be part of the delivery team on VAT advisory and VAT compliance services to a wide range of owner-managed and corporate businesses. You will be responsible for reporting to and supporting the Manager and Partner group on larger projects as required.
Client work including:
- Assisting with portfolio of clients, including delivery of VAT advice and preparation of VAT reports
- Technical research relating to VAT and supporting VAT team in client service delivery
- Prepare, review and supervise VAT returns and compliance matters to ensure accurate, prompt and efficient delivery
- Drafting of VAT articles and contributing to marketing initiatives
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and internal meetings as required
- Deal with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analysis and draft fee notes
Training and development
- Attend internal training sessions
Assisting other staff members
- Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
- Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
- Ensuring all procedures are adhered to
- Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
- Planning and Organising - Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Written and Oral communication - Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Customer Focus - Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- Team work - Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
- Maintain Technical Expertise – keep abreast of relevant tax rules/changes and the impact on your clients’ businesses
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
- Demonstrable VAT/indirect tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people
- Appetite to grow business development skills
- Strong IT skills
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members