My client is NHS VAT specialist boutique firm.
CRS VAT is an independent firm of chartered tax advisers specialising in VAT and tax solutions for the NHS.
We are a SME, small enough to provide tailored specialist services and build lasting business relationships, but large and technically experienced enough to cater to any size of NHS body, competing with the largest blue-chip firms.
We hold ISO9001:2015 for our quality management system ("QMS"), assessed and awarded by the British Standards Institute. Our QMS consists of a quality policy, quality objectives and working procedures which are regularly reviewed and independently audited.
In recent years, we have grown to become a leading provider of VAT services to the NHS and our clients include some of the largest NHS Trusts in the country. We have achieved this by consistently identifying increased levels of VAT recovery for our NHS clients and offering a flexible, tailored professional service. We have a very strong industry reputation.
- Managing other consultants in scheduling client review work in order to meet client, company and statutory deadlines. Including COS reviews, Capital Planning, BA/PE reviews and output tax reviews, plus ad-hoc reviews (e.g. cold food take-away).
- Initial technical and quality checks (e.g. COS reports). Visiting client sites for technical and quality checks. Post review technical and quality checks.
- Maintaining and conducting a number of your own client's work. Being the main senior client contact managing the relationship with certain key clients allocated to you.
- Day-to-day contact with these clients making sure that all of our work is scheduled and completed on time.
- Distribution of client work and consultant responsibilities.
- Maintaining client relationships and ensuring constant client communication.
- Updating and reporting work in progress and billing.
- Assisting with consultant recruitment and training.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives including tenders, presentations and other prospective meetings with non-clients.
- Maintaining HMRC dialogue.
- Employee Job Appraisal Reviews.
- Delegation of work to other consultants and management of their work.
- Completion of and/or reviewing work completed by other consultants on these clients (i.e. the monthly or quarterly COS reviews and Capital reviews).
- Completion of Capital reviews.
- Completion of and/or review of the business and partial exemption calculations conducted for clients, including reviews of income stream VAT liabilities (cash and invoice) to ensure client compliance.
- Regular review meetings with clients.
- Assisting in marketing of the company's services to prospective clients.
- Assisting in the development of our VAT services to the NHS to adapt to changes in the VAT regime.
Ad-hoc VAT consultancy and client queries
Liaising with clients in order to identify other opportunities to provide advice on VAT compliance or other areas of VAT savings, (e.g. PFI, land transactions, reviews of supplier contracts, charitable expenditure, cold take-away reviews, etc).
Answering ad-hoc client queries and completion of client advice letters, emails, etc and recording advice on company admin forms.
Providing clients with sufficient support during HMRC control visits.
Assisting in the preparation and delivery of client VAT training workshops.
Where required, input into the development and implementation of company marketing initiatives including input into writing newsletters, mail-shots, web pages, marketing, prospect and client meetings, formal presentations, proposals, tender exercises, exhibitions and company marketing literature.
In-depth VAT knowledge and experience
Microsoft Office IT skills (specifically must be proficient in MS Excel)
Staff management skills
Communication skills, able to compose business emails and put together excel reports for submission to clients
Flexibility and willing to travel to different client locations within the UK. Some overnight stays may be necessary.