about 2 months ago
The VAT team provide VAT and customs advice to clients across all sectors. Our advice can be aimed at ensuring compliance or identifying opportunities for efficiencies to be made across the supply chain.
The VAT Senior Manager must demonstrate a depth of technical knowledge in the real estate sector as well as apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working across a wide range of international and UK investors on structuring their real estate and related investments in the UK
• Day-to-day advice will include contact with a wide variety of asset classes – from build to rent to commercial construction projects, student accommodation to care homes, hospitality to large mixed-use regeneration schemes
• Undertaking a VAT advisory role, becoming an integral part in providing advice to our clients on their development projects, property transactions, structuring their business tax efficiently and due diligence assignments
• Managing a large portfolio of clients
• Participating and leading in business development initiatives and proposal activity
• Providing joined up tax advice to our clients
• Ensuring that we provide the best tax advice alongside our commercial approach
Who we're looking for:
• You will have strong technical experience in providing face to face and written advice to clients
• You will have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to demonstrate that you are able to forge long standing business relationships
• You will be equally comfortable with working as part of a mixed discipline team as taking the lead and driving forward a project to its conclusion
• You will have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent) (minimum requirement)
• You will have experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
• You will have demonstrable Business Development experience
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
• Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
• We create sustainable value for our clients
• We are better together
• Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
• We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.