Regional VAT advisory with a leading multinational group.
Pure Search has been exclusively retained by this privately held multinational corporation. Operating in over 150 countries, this company is a market leader in the packaging and food processing industry. It's significant international operations require proactive support for their centralised VAT function. In this senior role, the successful candidate will provide technical support to the group's three core business units, delivering commercial tax advice to a range of stakeholders. This is an ideal role for a global Indirect Tax specialist from either an in-house background or someone making a first move from the Big4.
- Stay current on indirect tax legislative changes and to communicate and support on the implementation of such changes within the Industry groups working in partnership with the concerned Stakeholders and Group Companies.
- Advise and support industry groups where VAT and other similar Indirect Tax concerns may arise including:
- in the formulation of technical advice
- in the definition of appropriate processes and controls
- in the definition of systems requirements where possible (SAP, …)
- in the organization of training and information sessions
- Provide relevant Indirect tax information to support business decisions impacting trade flows in order to minimise the Indirect Tax footprint of the Group.
- Supervise and provide guidance in connection with reporting obligations and other documentary evidences resulting from operations of Group Companies
- Manage relationship with VAT and other Indirect Tax authorities and support local Finance/Tax Compliance teams upon external audits.
- Work proactively with external legal advisors in case of tax litigations/tax advice involving indirect tax matters in the region and provide expertise support in tax litigations.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- 10+ years Indirect Tax experience, ideally with a experience in supply chain optimisation.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on 020 7429 4480