Top 20 London Accountancy firm
VAT Assistant Manager - Indirect tax/VAT - Supervisor
About Our Client
Our client advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. They help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices in London and numerous other counties and international reach, they are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all their clients wherever their ambition takes them.
They provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
"We're really proud of the reputation we've built and we're grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm's values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed - creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients."
This role will involve you:
- Contributing to the provision of an excellent service to a diverse range of clients, providing support to managers and partners, and supervising junior staff.
- Reporting to managers and partners and taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaising with the client in line with the Client Charter.
- Ensuring that client hygiene targets relevant for your area are adhered to.
- Travelling to and from clients' premises and our other offices from time to time.
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement although supervision and advice will be available at all times.
- Developing technical expertise
- Acting as a client controller or supervisor in relation to the VAT fee load.
- Gaining new work from existing or new clients where possible.
Your main duties will include:
The client's engagements
The following are typical of the tasks that you will be expected to carry out on the client's behalf. They should not be confused with your responsibilities involved in managing a client and his engagements which are set out under responsibilities for controllers and supervisors.
- Providing day to day consultancy to clients and colleagues and potential clients on VAT matters
- Presenting VAT training and updates as and when required
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails relating to more complex issues;
- Preparing replies to more complex client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate;
- Having direct contact with the client and third parties;
- Dealing with the more technical enquiries from clients and other firm members;
- Dealing with VAT enquiries raised by HMRC;
- Attending client meetings;
- Meeting potential clients where appropriate;
These tasks will be carried out subject to minimal or no supervision. It is anticipated that you will recognise situations where you need to seek technical assistance.
Staff training and other
- Providing on the job training for junior staff where possible and providing feedback on a timely basis.
- Assisting managers and partners with technical research and technical writing for client and marketing purposes.
- Volunteering for marketing events and firm-wide projects/recruitment representing the firm.
The Successful Applicant
The following qualities are desirable:
- A team player
- A driven, self-starter attitude
- Good communication skills
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
- 2 A levels at grade C or equivalent.
- Qualified AAT
- Qualified ACA/ACCA.
- Candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
- CPD compliant
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working (and not just a result of covid) and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Charity Foundation enables us to consistently 'give back' to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.