No timesheet, no overtime consultancy firm offering a private tax advisory focused role.
Across the business there is an existing team of around 70 tax professionals covering content, telephone advice, HMRC enquiry work as well as written consultancy. Popular areas for written consultancy requests are reorganisations, IHT and CGT issues surrounding UK trusts, offshore trusts, residence, domicile and property/land development transactions.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing and busy consultancy team supporting firms of accountants with written tax consultancy as part of the hugely successful tax product.
My client provides technical on-line resource content to Accounting, Tax and HR professionals. This is an exciting time as the business has moved away from traditional loose-leaf and books to fully embrace an online digital solution; the business is now on a strong growth trajectory signing at least £1m of new contracts each month. One of the core channels for the tax content is accountancy firms. Due to a demand for technical consultancy support from accountancy clients the Tax Team service is offered as an additional subscription and demand has been unprecedented.
The written consultancy service helps the clients support their clients. This is a varied role working with over 5,000 firms of accountants ranging from sole practitioners to top 100 firms. This is supported by a central service team that liaise between the consultant and the clients to coordinate and facilitate provision of the service.
A strong tax background is clearly essential whether that be gained from practice, industry or HMRC. Professionally qualified or by experience. This role is available as either office based or working from home, monthly attendance at team meetings in the office would be required.
· Responding to client requests via e-mail or formal written report
· Liaising with accountancy clients to understand their requirements
· Recording all correspondence within the online portal system, including 'booking' of hours against the clients' consultancy bank
· Supporting colleagues and providing reviews and second opinions where required
· Maintaining a strong working knowledge of tax legislation and developments
What you Bring to the Team
· Relevant tax experience to support the Tax Team service
· Ability to work on your own initiative whilst utilising the support of the central administrative team
· A collaborative approach with clients and across the team
· Attention to detail, customer service and working to delivery deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
Why Join our Team?
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work. The office is fast-paced and busy so we look for people who have a positive and results focused attitude and the ability to prioritise workload and work on their own initiative. The management team work closely together to build a strong team ethos and maximise the client experience with their business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion, we want to hear from you.
Working from home or London office
£50,000 - £60,000