Pure Search have been engaged by a leading e-commerce / technology business have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tax Professional to join their specialist Direct Tax team in Bratislava, with focus on withholding tax.
In this team you will be involved in all aspects of withholding tax compliance and reporting for the business's operations across the EMEA region. You will be reporting directly in to a remotely based Manager with high-level oversight across the region, so the role requires a proven self-starter with the ability to work independently, and communicate with Managers despite the lack of a physical presence.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
· Prepare, research and maintain local residency form requirements
· Manage and prepare customer requests for local treaty forms related to withholding taxes
· Prepare and maintain monthly tax reconciliations
· Assist with developing and maintaining tax matrices
· Assist with tax controversy, by gathering and organising supporting documentation of tax positions and filings
· Preparation of tax return support papers and payments
· Monthly review of general ledger activity for withholding tax assessment
· Support advisory teams on withholding tax issues and future business launches
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution with a focus in accounting or similar.
· 4+ years of tax reporting and/or accounting experience.
· Experience managing large data sets
· CPA and/or MST preferred.
· Previous public accounting experience in tax.
· Experience interacting with outside service providers.
· Self-starter with ability to prioritise tasks
· Microsoft Access or strong Microsoft Excel skills
· Withholding tax experience
To hear more about this opportunity, please submit your CV online or contact Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search at