- About This Privacy Notice
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your information
- Sharing of Your Information
- Grounds for Processing
- Data Retention
- Locations of Processing
- Information Security
- Children’s Privacy
- Your Communications Preferences
- Accessing and Updating Your Information
At LexisNexis Legal & Professional, we take your privacy and your trust in us very seriously. This privacy notice provides you with information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This privacy notice applies when your use our recruitment and other related services, including events, that refer or link to this privacy notice (each, a "Service").
This privacy notice tells you how we handle your Personal Data as a user of Taxation Jobs. "Personal Data" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
www.taxation-jobs.co.uk/ (“Taxation Jobs”) is owned by RELX (UK) Limited trading as LexisNexis (“we”/”us”/”our”) and operated on their behalf by Volcanic (UK) Limited, Dale House (8th Floor), Tiviot Dale, Stockport, Cheshire, England, SK1 1TB. LexisNexis is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for, the Service.
We will indicate within the registration processes of our services and other registration forms what types of personal information are required and those that are requested. You may choose not to submit the requested information, but that may limit or prohibit the services that LexisNexis is able to provide to you.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources, and through automated technologies.
2.1 Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on what information you provide to us (such as your CV data), and how you interact with us and the Service, which includes:
· Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, marital status, family status, date of birth, social media handle, gender and phone number;
· Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
· Other account registration and profile information, such as job title, educational and professional background and qualifications, and photo;
· Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number (where this is relevant);
· Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
· Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language and marketing preferences, which you provide to us when you enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
Whilst we discourage applicants from doing so, other sensitive information may also be included (if provided by you) such as trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal records. We will not ask you for any of this information.
2.2 Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and from other third parties, including:
· Social networks when you grant permission to the Service to access your data on one or more networks;
· Service providers that help us determine a location in order to customise certain products to your location; and/or
· Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
2.3 Data From Service Use, Including Cookies
The Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
· Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
· Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service;
- Statistical information which is aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes e.g. salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Data; and/or
· For location-aware Services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
3. How We Use Your information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information. to:
- Communicate with you as part of the services we offer;
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions and in relation to Taxation Jobs generally;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you in accordance with your preferences;
- Personalise your experience on Taxation Jobs by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you;
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, if so, please read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence); and
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
4. Sharing of Your Information
We may make your personal information available to the following four parties:
4.1 Recruiters and Other Agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, your CV will be available to third parties looking to recruit taxation professionals and who have an account with Taxation Jobs. We do require these customers to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes. Please be aware your current employer may be one of our customers so they may discover your CV on Taxation Jobs.
4.2 Our Service Providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
4.3 Governmental Authorities and Third Parties Involved in Court Action
We may share Personal Data with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
4.4 Other Third Parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Data with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions
Certain third-party websites can be accessed via links from the Taxation Jobs website. This privacy notice does not cover, and we are not responsible for, the uses of Personal Data made by third party operators of websites to which the Taxation Jobs website links.
5. Grounds for Processing
When we collect or otherwise process any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfil a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract, such as:
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- where necessary to enable our customers to comply with their legal obligations;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- where necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described in sections 2-4 above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights. Such interests includes:
- selling and supplying services to our customers (in the case of Taxation Jobs those companies or other organisations looking to recruit taxation professionals);
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing services and developing new services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
6. Data Retention
We shall retain your personal data for as long as you are a registered user of any of the Services and will delete is as soon as reasonably practical after you cease to be registered
7. Location of Processing
Your personal information is primarily stored and processed within the European Economic Area. Your data may also be stored and processed in another country where LexisNexis, its affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
Certain U.S. entities within the LexisNexis group of companies have certified certain of their services to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Please view these entities’ Privacy Shield Notice here. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view these entities’ certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
8. Information Security
We implement technical and organisational measures to seek to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of personal information.
9. Children’s Privacy
Taxation Jobs is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and please do not use the site if you are under that age.
10. Your Communications Preferences
You can customise and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the "opt-out" mechanisms such as "unsubscribe", or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
11. Accessing and Updating Your Information
11.1 Your Account
You can directly access and review your account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time by logging in to your "My Account". We ask that you keep your account details and other relevant information up to date.
Your CV can be viewed by our customers. If you do not want this to be the case please do not use Taxation Jobs.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive or which contain data which we do not wish to store. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your "My Account".
You can de-activate or delete your account at any time. To de-activate, please go to your "My Account".
11.2 Your Rights
You have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
· access to your personal information;
· rectification or erasure of your personal information;
· restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
· portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please submit your request in writing to our Privacy Team at DPO@lexisnexis.co.uk . We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
The data protection representative for our businesses that are processing personal data within the scope of European data protection laws and located outside of the EEA and Switzerland is RELX (UK) Limited trading as LexisNexis.
You may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.